Let’s look back on the past quarter.
- On January 1,2023, BITCOIN was trading at $16,600....on April 18th it's close to $30,000.
- On January 1, Apple stock was trading at $125, ….today it's $166.
- The S&P 500 was at $3,824 now its $4,192....
- Most of us had not heard of Silicon Valley Bank on January 1, 2023, today.....we know it is no longer.
- The end of December US inflation was about 6.5%, today it dipped below 6%.....
- The US 10-year treasury bond rate was 3.88% and today it's about 3.59%....yes, it’s LOWER, even though the FED interest rate has continued to rise.
Let’s look back at the past 5 years:
- Bitcoin was $9,500,
- Apple was trading around $42,
- The S&P 500 was $2,671 and
- The 10-year treasury rate was 2.95%
Let’s look back 10 years ago:
- Bitcoin was trading at $94, Apple was trading around $15, the S&P 500 was around $1,600 and the 10-year treasury rate was 2.48%.
- US GDP was $16.8 trillion: in 2022 it was $25.4 trillion....up 51%.
- COMPASS did not exist: it was Urban Compass, a rental-focused entity. Last year we sold close to a QUARTER TRILLION dollars worth of real estate.
- A gallon of gas in US cost about $3.58, today it's about $3.68. (not California..we are 3.297…wish it still was) US population was 316 million: Today it's over 334 million.
- The Federal government collected about $2.78 trillion in taxes: in 2022 it was over $4.9 trillion....up 76%, 25% more than GDP growth....
Maybe the above shows how a quarter is not the best gauge of progress or change....just a blip of an indicator. Look back at where YOU were ten years ago. What has changed in a quarter, five years and ten years? Hopefully this blog serves as a reminder how when given time, we are capable of exceptional changes and improvements. Much greater than we had ever imagined.
Progress requires persistence, perseverance and yes......some patience!